Please note under General Car Insurance rules : you are required to inform your insurer even if you do a private settlement (ref Onesg.motoring)
DO I HAVE TO INFORM MY INSURER EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO MY VEHICLE?Yes, always report all accidents to your insurer no matter how minor the
accident may be, even if
there is no visual damage
or even if you have made a
private settlement with the
This is because you cannot
be fully certain that the other
party will not file a claim
against you later.
You may find yourself in a
position of having your claim
prejudiced or declined later
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHOOSE
NOT TO REPORT THE
ACCIDENT TO MY INSURER?
Failure to do so will affect
your No Claims Discount
upon renewal of your motor
insurance and will prejudice
Eng Soon Auto
13 Kaki Bukit Road 3,East Point Terrace SINGAPORE 417833
TEL: 6291 7775 Whats app: 8679 9648
Integrated Global Network Enterprise
9 Kaki Bukit Road 1, #01-07/08 Eunos Technolink SINGAPORE 415938
They have a few Branches so please see which is closer for you :
DIY Guide: How to change your air con filter
Location Driver’s side seat Foot well
Use a torx screw driver to unscrew the torx screw located under the driver’s steering wheel near the foot resting well as shown below:
Once unscrew, you can take out the plastic cover which will reveal the air con filter holder.
Open the air con filter holder flap by pressing the handle as shown in the highlighted arrow. Your finger should be able to open this flap without any tools but be extra careful to avoid getting cuts.
Once the air con filter holder flap is opened, you will be able to see the air con filter. Take it out for inspection and vacuum or change it if required. Use a pair of pliers if it is difficult for your fingers to pull it out.
Note the air flow arrow direction and make sure to put it back the same way as indicated below.
Youtube Video of replacement:
All model series
When operating the heating and air conditioning system, a musty odour briefly occurs in the vehicle. This occurs mostly immediately after starting the engine with the air conditioning switched on or after switching off the air conditioning while driving.
The cause for the customer complaint is not a fault in the air conditioning of the vehicle. The formation of odour is due to environmental factor during the operating period of the heating and air conditioning system.
The constant condensation of air humidity at the evaporator over a long operating period of the heating and air conditioning system creates a favourable environment for bacteria and other micro-organisms.
Together with dirt contamination brought in by the fresh air, this may cause microbiological growth on the evaporator and consequently a musty odour.
Regularly changing the microfilter may reduce the entry of dirt contamination and therefore delay or prevent the development of aforementioned customer complaint.
Replacement of the evaporator has no continuous effect as microbiological organisms may redevelop.
Invoicing as warranty is not justifiable as there is no technical fault.
All series with air conditioning (IHKR) or automatic air conditioning (IHKA).
1. Evaporator cleaning with spray lance
The most efficient and lasting method of eliminating the musty odour from the air conditioning is to clean the evaporator with the aid of a spray lance. With this procedure, the disinfectant is sprayed with high pressure directly on the evaporator.
Description of the operations:
For the detailed description of the procedure for the following series, please see the respective repair instructions:
- E39/E53 with air conditioning (IHKR): Cleaning evaporator
- E39/E53 with automatic air conditioning (IHKA): clean evaporator (automatic air conditioning)
- E46 with air conditioning (IHKR): Cleaning evaporator
- E46 with automatic air conditioning (IHKA): clean evaporator (automatic air conditioning)
- E65/E66: Cleaning evaporator
- E60/E61/E63/E64: Cleaning evaporator
- E85/E86: Cleaning evaporator
- E81/E82/E87/E88/E90/E91/E92/E93: Cleaning evaporator
- E70/E71/E72: Cleaning evaporator
- F01/F02/F03/F04/F06/F07/F10/F11/F12/F13/F18: Cleaning evaporator
- F20/F21/F22/F23/F30/F31/F32/F33/F34/F35/F36/F80/F82/F83/F87: Cleaning evaporator
- I01t: Cleaning evaporator
- F45/F46/F48/F49: Cleaning evaporator
- F54/F55/F56/F57/F60: Cleaning evaporator
- G05/G06/G07/G11/G12/G14/G15/G16/G30/G31/G32/G38/F90/F91/F92/F93/F95/F96: Cleaning evaporator
- G01/G02/G08/G29: Cleaning evaporator
2. Cleaning with the evaporator cleaning device “Aircomatic”
As an alternative, the evaporator can be cleaned using the “Aircomatic” cleaning system made by WYNN’S. For this purpose, use the “Airco-Clean” cleaning agent made by the same company.
WYNN’S describes this procedure as “Ultrasound procedure”.
The cleaning power using the “ultrasound procedure” is lower as compared to cleaning with a spray lance.
If the “ultrasound procedure” does not bring long-term success due to very severe dirt contamination of the evaporator, clean the evaporator using a spray lance and the heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent.Note:
This procedure is to be used for vehicles for which no spray lance is offered.
Description of the operations:
- Remove microfilter (replace with new filter after cleaning)
- Start the vehicle
- Switch on air conditioning
- Set temperature control to lowest value
- For automatic air conditioning (IHKA): Switch off automatic air distribution/supply
- Select the lowest fan speed
- Set ventilation to upper body area
- Adjust air supply to air recirculation function
- Shake the “Airco-Clean” bottle well
- Place the ultrasound device upside down
- Screw in the “Airco-Clean” bottle with its opening facing upwards into the device
- Return ultrasound device to initial position allowing the contents of the bottle to partially flow into the device
- Place the ultrasound device in the footwell on the passenger’s side
- Connect the atomisation hose to the device
- Place the atomisation hose so that the recirculated air system can take in the emitted vapour wellDo not kink the hose!
- Connect the ultrasound device using the included cableAtomisation starts!
- Close vehicle doors and side windows Attention:No one must remain in the vehicle during treatment!
- Treatment is complete after approx. 20 minutes and the ultrasound device stops
- After treatment, open doors and air the vehicle for approx. 5 minutes
- After treatment pour out the residual liquid in the ultrasound device
- Briefly rinse the ultrasound device with water
1. Cleaning with spray lance
|Spray lance||Order/part number||Quantity|
|-E39/E46/E53/E83||64 1 450||1|
|– E65/E66/E67 (left-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 280||1|
|– E65/E66/E67 (right-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 290||1|
|-E60/E61/E63/E64||64 1 480||1|
|– E85/E86 (left-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 490||1|
|– E85/E86 (right-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 250||1|
|– E81/E82/E87/E88/E90/E91/E92/E93 (left-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 260||1|
|– E81/E82/E87/E88/E90/E91/E92/E93 (right-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 270||1|
|– E70/E71/E72 (left- and right-hand drive vehicle)||64 1 300||1|
|– F01/F02/F03/F04/F06/F07/F10/F11/F12/F13/F18 (left-hand drive vehicle) G01/G02/G08/G29 (left-hand drive vehicle)||83 30 2 222 502||1|
|– F01/F02/F03/F04/F06/F07/F10/F11/F12/F13/F18 (right-hand drive vehicle) G01/G02/G08/G29 (right-hand drive vehicle)||83 30 2 364 733||1|
|-F20/F21/F22/F23/F30/F31/F32/F33/F34/F35/F36/F80/F82/F83/F87(left hand drive vehicle)||83 30 2 344 001||1|
|-F20/F21/F22/F23/F30/F31/F32/F33/F34/F35/F36/F80/F82/F83/F87 (right-hand drive vehicle)||83 30 2 289 613||1|
|-I01||83 30 2 413 653||1|
|-F45/F46/F48/F49||83 30 2 413 653||1|
|-F54/F55/F56/F57/F60||83 30 2 413 653||1|
|-G05/G06/G07/G11/G12/G30/G31/G32/G38/F90 (left-hand drive vehicle)||83 30 2 411 757||1|
|-G05/G06/G07/G11/G12/G30/G31/G32/G38/F90 (right-hand drive vehicle)||83 30 2 414 999||1|
|SATA spray pistol||81 45 9 429 217||1|
|Heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent|
|Heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent (only for cleaning with spray lance!)||83 19 2 180 507||1|
Heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent is used undiluted. No rinsing required.
The spray lance spray gun can be obtained from the special tools online catalogue; the heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent can be obtained directly from BMW Group Parts.
2. Cleaning with the evaporator cleaning device “Aircomatic”
(Valid for all series)
|Heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent||83 19 2 409 611||1|
Heating and air conditioning system cleaning agent is used undiluted.
The “Aircomatic” cleaning device and the “Airco-Clean” cleaning agent can be obtained directly from BMW Group Parts.
codes needed to change settings to cater for a larger screen :
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480
HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
Coding can be done at our meetup sessions.
However, if you wish to get it done during your own time you may contact “TheBMWCoder” on carousell by clicking on the hyperlink.
Recommended Coding List
- Set “Auto Start-Stop Engine” to last memory
- “Zero” second auto fold mirror upon instead of holding the doorknob for 3 seconds for Comfort access enabled cars.
- Blinking turning light: set number of blinks to 5 instead of default 3 blinks during turn signalling. (Applicable to LCI models only)
- Remembers your last driving mode settings instead of always default to “Comfort”.
- Radio and Navigation switched off automatically when the driver side door is opened.
- Turn on side door handle lights during car reverse to increase visibility.
- Air conditioning unit set to “M” as default instead of “A” upon initial startup.
- Localise your car air con country variant setting to “Rest Of the World” instead of default “Europe” or “US” climate setting. Resulting in 2-3 degrees cooler air conditioning
- Disable Seatbelt reminder on the driver side. (For your safety – not recommended!)
- Disable welcome 3 GONGS when the car starts.
- Enable the “Daytime Running Lights” option in iDrive Menu to manually turn ON/OFF your DRL.
- Enable “Digital Speedometer” in your cluster screen via “BC” button. 13) Reverse page on iDrive to switch back to normal menu quicker when moving off from reverse mode.
- Easy access seating which moves the seat back and forward automatically, to allows drivers to get in and out easily.
Changing your battery in your F-Series BMW Key Fob is easy. Just follow these 5 steps:
1) Press the button and pull out the car key in the direction as indicated by the arrow:
2) Notice the notch at the key fob:
3) Using the same car key, push into the notch and lift the plastic cover up:
4) Slowly lift the plastic cover with your fingers:
5) Presto! Your key fob has been disassembled, exposing the CR 2032 battery. Time to source for a good CR2032 battery and swap it in!